Quick to cook and delicious to eat, tilapia fish fillets come out perfectly when cooked in the air fryer. Simply seasoned, this mild-tasting white fish is wonderfully flaky and perfect for a healthy weeknight dinner the whole family will love.
What does tilapia taste like?
If you don’t like an overly fishy taste, then tilapia fillets are perfect for you! They are very mild with a touch of sweetness, similar to red snapper. It has a firm but flaky texture and is a great option for those that don’t usually like fish. When cooked, it will take on the flavor of the fish seasoning.
- 2-4 tilapia filets rinsed and patted dry
- 2 teaspoons of fish seasoning
- Oil for spraying
- Lemon slices and chopped parsley for serving
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Season the filets with fish seasoning. Place the filets in the preheated air fryer basket. Spray the top of the fish filets with a little oil.
Air fry the filets for about 7-10 minutes until the fish is flaky.
Serve with lemon slices and chopped parsley if desired.
- I used thawed tilapia for this recipe. If cooking the tilapia from frozen, cook for about 10-12 minutes.
- If thawing the tilapia fillets, pat them dry well before seasoning to remove excess water.
- Any high heat oil will do well in this recipe, such as canola, olive oil, avocado oil, etc.
- These fillets will take between 7 and 10 minutes to cook through. The cooked fish should be firm but flaky and be an even white color throughout
Subscribe to my YouTubeSubscribe to my YouTube Channel for full length recipe videos.
Click the bell icon to be notified when I upload a new video.
Tried this recipe? Share on Instagram
Mention @Myforkinglife or tag #myforkinglife!