Tasty and juicy air fryer chicken drumsticks are finger-licken good! A seriously easy weeknight dinner recipe that the whole family will love. Get the grilled crispy chicken skin and flavor without sweating over the grill.
- 8 Chicken drumsticks patted dry
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Fresh parsley chopped, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Add garlic powder, brown sugar, paprika, thyme, onion powder, black pepper, and kosher salt to the chicken and rub it all over the chicken drumsticks. Allow the drumsticks to marinate in the seasoning for 15-30 minutes.*
Place the drumsticks into the air fryer basket in a single layer. Air fry for 12 minutes.
After 12 minutes, open the basket and flip the drumsticks. Cook for an additional 8-10 minutes.
Remove from the air fryer basket and sprinkle with parsley. Serve and enjoy.
- The chicken drumsticks should reach a temperature between 170-175 degrees Fahrenheit. Use a quick read thermometer to ensure the chicken is done.
- I like to allow my chicken drumsticks to sit at room temperature for a few minutes to absorb the seasonings. Feel free to skip this step if you’re short on time. In the alternative, you can season the chicken drumsticks beforehand, about 1-2 days, and refrigerate them until ready to cook.
Serving: 2g | Calories: 507kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g | Monounsaturated Fat: 14g | Trans Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 173mg | Sodium: 600mg | Potassium: 471mg | Fiber: 0.4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 679IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 2mg