Mix up your pizza nights with these homemade air fryer calzones. Loaded with pepperoni, green peppers, onion, sausage and cheese, these folded pizzas are perfect for a family night in, served up with your favorite dips and sauces.
- 1 pound pizza dough see notes
- 1 cup pizza sauce plus more for dipping
- 7 ounces pepperoni chopped
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 4 ounces Italian sausage cooked and crumbled
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese shredded
- Spray olive oil
Split the pizza dough into six pieces. Make sure to coat it in flour first, so it does not stick to your hands.
Roll each piece of dough out or stretch it with your hands until it is about 6 inches all the way around.
Layer the dough with pizza sauce, pepperoni, onion, bell pepper, sausage and italian cheese.
Fold the dough over and seal the edges with a fork.
Spray the air fryer with olive oil spray. Place the calzones in the air fryer and spray them with olive oil spray. Cook on 370 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes.
- Make sure your pizza dough is fully thawed before using. Homemade pizza dough can be made 3 to 4 days ahead of time and be kept in the fridge.
- Pizza dough is very sticky, so be sure to coat it in flour and roll it out on a floured surface.
- Don’t go too crazy on the fillings, the calzone need to be fully sealed before the are cooked.
- If you make these in a basket air fryer, you will have to cook them in batches. You can keep them warm in the oven once cooked.
- I used store-bought pizza dough. It can be found at some grocery stores. Pizza dough can also be found in the frozen section in some grocery stores.
Calories: 522kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 1580mg | Potassium: 322mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 415IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 163mg | Iron: 3mg
Subscribe to my YouTubeSubscribe to my YouTube Channel for full length recipe videos.
Click the bell icon to be notified when I upload a new video.
Tried this recipe? Share on Instagram
Mention @Myforkinglife or tag #myforkinglife!